Skip to main content

To the Teachers Who Got Me Here


 

In the midst of a global epidemic, teachers have come to the forelight. Many people are starting to support teachers in these trying times, as they work endlessly to educate our growing youth in unconventional conditions. But, working diligently is not something new to teachers. The teaching profession has been working laboriously for YEARS and usually they are the unsung heroes that never get the recognition they deserve. So, this is for them. The teachers that have shaped many young lives as children turn into adults.

Thank you.

Thank you for nourishing me when I needed it, pushing me when my learning was becoming stagnant, and committing your life to build future generations.

 

Thank you for spending countless hours away from your family working on lesson plans to optimize my learning.

 

Thank you for being a cheerleader when I needed encouragement and having more faith in my ability than I often had in myself.

 

Thank you for listening to me on my bad days and being a safe place to go.

 

Thank you for letting me fail but being there to help me get back up and see the lesson I needed to learn.

 

Thank you for being there to celebrate all accomplishments, even when they were small.

 

Thank you for being a kind face and always having a smile to share.

 

Thank you for spending hours reading books, taking classes, and watching videos continuing your education to make mine pristine.

 

Thank you for putting up with me when I no longer could see why I needed to learn the material you were presenting.

 

Thank you for telling me when my behavior wasn’t acceptable and helping me fix it.

 

Thank you for coming to my extracurriculars and supporting me OUTSIDE of the classroom.

 

Thank you for being innovative and making learning fun.

 

Thank you for altering lessons when I wasn’t understanding the material and taking the time to reiterate ideas until it is said in a way I can process.

 

Thank you for preparing me for a life outside of attending school. Whether that was the alphabet and how to tie a shoe in the early years or how to fill out a job application in the later years and every life ability learned in between.

 

Thank you for committing your life to educate when your salary doesn’t compensate your work.

 

Thank you for making personal sacrifices to better MY education; whether that be financial, familial, recreational, ect.

 

Thank you for teaching me to chase my dreams, even if I didn’t realize it at the time.

 

Thank you for continuing to encourage me, even after I have grown older and left your classroom.

 

Most importantly, thank you for contributing to the cloth that makes me and the thousands of students you have taught into the people we are today.

 

If it weren’t for teachers our world would be a disaster. Teachers go into their profession knowing they will never be rich and they will spend countless hours behind the scenes that no one knows about. They know it will be hard, but they choose to do it anyway. They better our society and shape our future. They rarely get the thank you they deserve, but they all have made a huge impact on every student that steps foot into their classroom. I would like to personally say thank you to every educator I have had or will have. Take the time today to reach out and thank the unsung heroes that have changed your life.

 

Kindly,

Kenzie

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To an Injured Athlete

To the Athlete That is Going Through an Injury, First off, I want to acknowledge that injuries stink. Especially when they disable you from playing a sport you love. At this point in your life you have probably been eating, breathing, and sleeping sports. They have been your main life focus. Your release. Your happy place. You identify as “an athlete” and this injury has taken that away. Everybody acknowledges “how strong you are”, because you’re working toward a recovery. But while you may seem strong on the outside, your heart is broken. Life isn’t the same and neither is your role on the team. I know it doesn’t make anything better, but I know how you feel. Millions of people know how you feel. You are not alone in this process. So, I want to give you advice. From someone who became pretty good at being an injured athlete. ·         Take the time to work through the mental aspect of the injury. o    Honestly, a large portion of recovery is mental. You may feel sad, ma

Feminism In "Pitch Perfect"

  Feminism in Pitch Perfect             In 2012, Pitch Perfect took the world by storm when it presented a comedic take on the transition of feminism the world was experiencing. Director Jason Moore was able to tell a story that showed growth from stereotypical female ideals to new age values. He achieved this through the story of an acapella group: the Barden Bellas. As the movie progresses the Barden Bellas find a new look, sound, and identity. As they grow together and develop as individuals, the Barden Bellas tackle societal stereotypes of women and show the country that women can be equal to men. Through diverse casting, costuming, and song choice Moore was able to address the defining issues of fourth wave feminism.             Pitch Perfect was released at the beginning of the fourth wave of feminism. According to Ealasaid Munro, a postdoctoral researcher in cultural policy, the transition between the third and fourth wave happened around 2012 due to the increased use of

10 Studying Tips to Be Successful

School is quickly approaching. Here are some tips and tricks to studying effectively! 1.      What type of learner you are? There are many ways people learn. Visual, aural, physical, logical, social, solitary, or multi-modal are just a few examples. Below is a fast questionnaire that can help you decide how you learn best. Knowing what way, you process information can help you gear your studies toward those techniques. https://vark-learn.com/the-vark-questionnaire/ 2.      Figure Out A Schedule Having a set schedule with reminders greatly boosts day to day efficiency. Sit down at the beginning of the week and map out times to study and do projects. Leave some extra time in the week to tie up all the loose ends and plan for projects taking longer than you expect.   I utilized both an online and written schedule. The online schedule would alert me when I should be studying, but the written schedule helped me organize exactly what I needed to accomplish in those time perio